Natasha The Hatchet Lady
G.L.O.R.Y. Legend Of The Ring
|Leopard-skin suit...knee-high Indian moccasins...fiery-red hair. It meant only one thing three decades ago: you were about to witness not just a wrestling match, but a brawl. Why? Because it meant that Natasha The Hatchet Lady was in the house! This rough and tough lady had a vicious streak inside that belied her beautiful appearance outside. Natasha wasn't so much wrestler as she was punisher. When this leopard-suited hellion entered the ring, the rule book exited. The Hatchet Lady earned the boos of the fans as she punched, choked and stomped her way to numerous victories over the crowd favorites of the day. None felt the wrath of Natasha more than archenemy Ann Casey. The barefoot beauty was the victim of many of Natasha's nastiest assaults, and their feuds were legendary battles that are still talked about to this day. Natasha The Hatchet Lady remains one of the most-recognized ladies in the history of the sport!|| ||
Natasha The Hatchet Lady's Profile...
- Height: 5' 5"
- Weight: 140
- Hair: Red
- Eyes: Blue
- Hometown: Benton, Tennessee (USA)
- Currently Residing: Silver Springs, Florida (USA)
Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/glorywre/public_html/WrestlerProfileLayout.asp on line 146
- Career In Ring: 1968-1989 (20 Years)
- How It Started: After moving to Florida in the late-60s, I met a wonderful woman by the name of Beverly Shade who was at that time already an accomplished wrestler. She and I became fast friends and she introduced me to the wrestling business. Beverly became my trainer, and I knew that I was in good hands because she was trained by none other than Ella Walldek! I felt very honored to be trained by Beverly Shade. And the rest, as they say, is history.
- Gimmick: My gimmick was simple--to kick butt and win every match I could!
- Wrestling Style: Super-heel, villain...whatever you want to call it. Simply put, I was one VERY bad girl inside the ring.
- Gear/Outfit/Costume: Leopard skin bathing suits and knee-high Indian moccasins.
- Titles Held: NWA Tag Team Championship (held with my partner Beverly Shade); International Championship (when wrestling in Africa).
- Biggest Win: All of them!
- Worst Loss: Every loss.
- Favorite Type of Match: Matches where I could use power and strength over my opponent. I also enjoyed no-holds-barred action. Tag matches with Beverly Shade were great, too.
- Favorite Moves/Holds: Indian Death Lock.
- Finisher: I didn't need to use anything special. Any way that I could finish 'em was sufficient.
- Biggest Allies: Beverly Shade; Cora Combs; Moolah; Mildred Burke; Mae Young; Jasmine; Tracy Richards; Sue Green; Sherri Lee.
- Toughest Opponents: Luckily, Beverly Shade was my tag partner so we found ourselves fighting on the same side. But I trained and practiced with her enough to know that she was one of the toughest ladies in the business! And, of course, my "#1 Nightmare"...Ann Casey. As many times as we fought, she always gave me a tough, hard match.
- Career Highlight: Having the opportunity to represent the United States in Africa, Japan, Singapore and The Philippines; being inducted into the Cauliflower Alley Club Hall Of Fame; winning the tag team title with Beverly Shade; and all the wonderful friends I made through the years.
- Favorite Wrestlers: Harley Race; The Ex-Cons.
- What I Liked Most: All the wonderful places I was able to see and all the great people I got to meet. Also, the opportunity to get into the ring and kick butt...and actually get paid for it!
- What I Liked Least: Having to leave my family behind when I was on the road.
Natasha The Hatchet Lady's Personal Notes...
When I was very young, things were pretty tough. I was the third of eight children and my parents both had to work hard just to feed us.....We moved to Georgia in search of a better life, and I remained there for about ten years. I worked in the tobacco fields and picked cotton. Those were long, hard days!.....Through all this, I met and later married my first husband and had two sons, Bobby and Robbie. The marriage failed however, and the boys and I moved on to Florida where I adopted a beautiful baby boy named David.....Sometime after that, I also adopted a little girl named Amber, who is now nine years old.....When I moved to Florida, I met a wonderful man named David to whom I've been happily married for over 30 years.....When I get some free time for myself, I like to relax with some good country music.....I love to get out and do some gardening on nice sunshine-filled days, too.....Helping to take care of my grand kids is something else that I do a lot of--AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Needless to say, they are all big wrestling fans!.....And if there is any time left, I enjoy chatting with all my wrestling friends on the Internet.....Although my days are full, there are still times when I miss wrestling and all my "wrestling buddies". Sometimes when I am sitting out on my porch swing on a sunny afternoon, my mind will slip back to all the great times I had wrestling.
I would like to thank each and every person involved with my wrestling career. You have all given me wonderful memories. Looking back, I can honestly say that I would do it all over again. Thank you everybody!
Visitors to this page.
"I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome." -- Julius Caesar