Spunky and energetic, Kellie Skater is one of the exciting ladies leading the charge of Australia's burgeoning women's wrestling division. Technically oriented with a healthy dose of high-flying acrobatics, Skater is a favorite of the fans Down Under. That is...except when her alter-ego, The Rate Tank, makes her appearance. Then the rulebook takes a vacation as this lady utilizes whatever means necessary to stomp, choke and pummel her way to victory!
Kellie Skater's Stats...
- Height: 5' 7"
- Weight: 58 kgs
- Hair: Light brown
- Eyes: Hazel
- Hometown: Baccus Marsh, Australia
Kellie Skater's Profile...
- How It Started: I've been a wrestling fan since I was a little kid. Being a wrestler was basically the only thing I ever wanted to do. I got a pretty good break in that I met one of the other Vic women's wrestlers at a party and she could tell I was passionate...so she invited me to train with her. I started training at the end of
January '07and debuted that March in a battle royal. Some of my trainers include George "Hitman" Julio and Mike Burr/Mike Manson (Alpha).
- Gimmick: My main gimmick is being a good-sportswoman and the good girl who just wants to wrestle. I'm very friendly before/after the match but once the bell rings it's all business! I tend to be honourable, making a lot of saves and offering handshakes. That tends to get me jumped a lot...but that's okay. I can take a beating and once I'm back to my feet I'll give back as good as I got!
In QLD I wrestle as a cocky/aggressive jerk with the self-given nickname The Rate Tank. I believe that I am a massive tank and indestructible. Some may say I'm delusional. I definitely have a mean streak in me in QLD, always aiming to make my opponent my next victim of my submission finisher.
- Wrestling Style: Fairly hard hitting with some high flying mixed in.
- Gear: My most common gear is white boots, black shorts with fluro green and pink trim, with "skater" written across the back in fluro green/yellow/pink and the Japanese symbol meaning "To excel" written on the side. I wear white wrist tape with a written message depending on the match.
- Titles Held: Former PWWA Champion.
- Biggest Win: My biggest win would definitely be when I beat Vixsin in
May '08to capture the first PWWA Championship. It was a pretty stiff, solid match with both of us taking some big spots and giving it our all. I think the intensity was quite high as both of us just wanted to prove ourselves worthy of being the first champ for the first all-female company in Australia.
- Worst Loss: Losing a Last Woman Standing match to Sway. Not only did I walk out with a loss, but also with a blood-soaked body needing a few stitches in the head!
- Favorite Type of Match: My favorite type of match to participate in is a singles match because you rely on yourself to get it done and you don't have to worry about more than one person jumping you! I also quite enjoy Falls Count Anywhere matches, as you can take the insanity anywhere in the building.
- Favorite Moves/Holds: Reversal of sidewalk slam into a reverse DDT; superkick; flying forearm/forearms in general; springboard back elbow.
- Finisher: "Skate and Destroy" (Yoshi Tonic/Code Red); "Skate or Die" (reverse Indian Deathlock submission into a bridge while locking the opponents arms in a double arm underhook and wrenching).
- Biggest Allies: The Brotherhood (Mason Childs, Mark Davis, Sorrow and Sway).
- Most-Hated Enemies: The Pink Ladies (Madison Eagles and Jessie McKay); Tenille Taylah; Vixsin.
- Toughest Opponent(s): All the girls mentioned in my enemies list are pretty tough. But I would have to say Sway in particular, due to the violent matches we have had in the past.
- Career Highlight: PWWA Title match vs. Vixsin...a good hard match. Also, my 12/2008 PWAQ match where I had a chance to wrestle Sara del Rey. Great learning opportunity with a wrestler I highly respect.
- Favorite Wrestlers: The two wrestlers I admire most would have to be Akira Hokuto and Bull Nakano. I also really admire Kyoko Inoue, Toshiyo Yamada, Aja Kong, Chigusa Nagayo and Manami Toyota (I'm a big AJW fan!)
- Wrestling Ambition: To train for, and then wrestle in, Japan.
Kellie Skater's Personal Notes...
I'm a pretty hyperactive person.....I've been playing sports since I was a little kid. I played beach volleyball for quite a few years, won a few mixed 4's premierships and best and fairest, also ended up umping for awhile.....I really enjoy hanging with my mates from inside and outside of wrestling.....I have a trained pet Lorrikeet called Laurie. He's the man!.....I also have a pet dog called Nattie, some birds out the back of the yard and evil chickens.....I'm pretty much a nerd: I like comics, video games and movies (go Rocky!).
Latest Kellie Skater News...
Watch out for the Aussies coming atchu in Sparkle/Shimmer! Aussie fans: come out and support the biggest tournament in Australia, PWAQ's "Rise of the Warriors"...watch out for Brotherhood members Skater and Sway!