If dedication, drive and desire are needed to be a success in the wrestling business
Christie Ricci's Stats...
- Height: 5' 10"
- Weight: 160
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Brown
- Hometown: San Diego, California (USA)
- Birthday: November 11
- Years In Wrestling: 33
Christie Ricci's Profile...
- How It Started: I grew up in Clinton, Mississippi, and there was a guy in my Sunday school class named Teddy Dibiase. He was the son of Ted Dibiase..."The Million Dollar Man." Though I was only 8 years old, I became a wrestling fanatic. While most young girls have role models that consist of super models and actresses, my idol was Ted Dibiase. I was captivated with wrestling and I never once lost interest. In high school, I began to tell people I was going to be a professional wrestler. To most people that goal seemed nearly impossible to achieve, but I knew that if I worked hard enough it would be probable. After high school, I left for college with my wrestling dream still profoundly on my mind. When I finished two years of college, my parents agreed to allow me to transfer colleges to Georgia Tech so that I could attend a wrestling school in Atlanta. Weeks before I was to move to Atlanta, I met a local promoter who introduced me to Lei Lani Kai. My plans were instantaneously rearranged so that I could stay in Nashville to train with Lei Lani and finish college without transferring. So here I am!
- Gimmick: My gimmick is the "All-American Sweetheart." I grew up in the pageant business, so I enjoy being a role model for other females representing anything that is positive. I might be a sweetheart, but business is business and when I am in the ring all morals are set aside.
- Wrestling Style: Because of my strength and size, many would consider me a power-wrestler. But I would also consider myself a technical wrestler.
- Gear: I am very fickle, so my gear changes quite often. But you will rarely find me wearing long pants. I have very long, muscular legs...so I enjoy showing them off!
- Titles Held: LLF; XWF Women's Champ; NWA Women's Champion; a few more that I can't recall at the moment.
- Biggest Win: Any time I win against Princess Sugeit, which is very difficult to do. She is my toughest opponent in Mexico.
- Worst Loss: Can't recall.
- Favorite Type of Match: I usually love all matches
--and I am happy as long as I am in the ring --but I hate cat fighting, evening gown matches or any other match that does not demonstrate the agility and athleticism of the opponents.
- Favorite Moves/Holds: I love creative submission holds such as variations of the Indian Death Lock and a version of a Short Leg Scissors. My most favorite move, though, is the Flying Arm Bar. I love the pain and damage a simple arm bar can do!
- Finisher: I have two modified moves that I like to use as finishers. Both of them are power moves that take a lot of strength to execute. I call them the "Makeover" and "Tummy Tuck".
- Biggest Allies: I'm on my own!
- Most-Hated Enemies: My most hated enemy is ALL lucha libres. Most of them resent an American girl having their championship title, so I am not exactly their most favorite person!
- Toughest Opponent(s): Princess Sugeit and Lei Lani Kai.
- Career Highlight: I have had many career highlights, and I plan to have many more! I am grateful for every time I step foot into the squared circle. Some very special moments for me have been: being rewarded as "2002 Rookie of the Year" by the PGWA and ladysports.com, winning the LLF Championship and wrestling before 5,000 people in Mexico. Wow! What an experience!
- Favorite Wrestlers: I have many favorites and it would be hard to choose between them. Of course, Ted Dibiase is a favorite. But I also like Dynamite Kid, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero.
- Wrestling Ambition: To be one of the best women wrestlers ever! And to make a living at wrestling as long as I can. Check out www.ChristieRicci.net for downloads!
Christie Ricci's Personal Notes...
If I could use any word to describe myself, I would have to use the word "achiever". I am a very resolute and driven person. When I set goals I never relinquish them until they are achieved, and that is applied to every aspect of my life.....When I am not training in the ring I am training in the gym. I started bodybuilding when I was 17. I knew that if I was going to compete with the other women in wrestling, I would need to be in the best possible physical shape.....In the future, I plan on competing in bodybuilding competitions and pursuing fitness modeling.....I have always been raised believing in the importance of education. I graduated with my Bachelors in Business in 2004 then went on to obtain my Masters in Business by 2007......Everything I am doing now is to help me prepare for the future. I have always been taught that life is what you make it, and I am in the process of making it a living dream.